Nothing says summer than a nice chilled bowl of tomato gazpacho soup made with fresh tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber and onion! Serve with some yummy bread.
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes, cored and large dice
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and large dice
- 1 medium English cucumber, large dice
- 1/2 medium red onion, large dice
- 1 medium garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, plus more as needed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Croutons for garnish, optional
Adapted from 12tomatoes.com
Place the tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, onion, and garlic in a blender and blend into a smooth purée. (If you need to get the mixture moving, add a little of the tomato juice while the blender is running.)
Transfer to a large serving bowl, add the tomato juice, measured oil, vinegar, measured salt, and pepper to taste and stir to combine. Taste and season with additional vinegar, salt, and pepper as needed. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Serve chilled in a soup bowl with croutons, if using, and a drizzle of olive oil.