Chorizo and Potato Taquitos
- 1 baking potato, peeled and quartered
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 7 ounces chorizo, casings discarded
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 3 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 18 corn tortillas
In a saucepan, add the potato and enough salted water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook until just tender; drain.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, breaking it up, until browned, about 3 minutes. Mash into the potatoes. Add one tablespoon oil to the skillet along with the onion, tomato, roasted pepper and chile; season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Stir into the potato mixture along with cheese and cilantro.
Fill a large skillet with oil, 3/4 inch deep. Heat to medium-high.
Microwave tortillas in sealed plastic bag for 25 seconds. Roll up 2 tablespoons of the potato mixure in each tortilla. Add to the oil seam side down; repeat until the pan is full. Fry, turning once, until golden; 4-5 minutes; drain on paper towel.
You'll also love
- Fettuccine with Sweet... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Leg of Lamb with 40 Cloves... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sun-Dried Tomato Crusted Pork... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Curried Sweet Potato-Apple Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp(or Sausage) Fettuccine... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Liver Sausage Spread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garbanzos con Chorizo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Roasted Halibut With An... 0/5 (0 Votes)