Classic Potato Salad - Healthfied
53% fewer calories • 74% less fat • 75% less sat fat than the original recipe. Feel good about passing this slimmed salad at picnics and potlucks!
- 6 medium red potatoes (2 lb), unpeeled
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Place potatoes in 4-quart saucepan; add enough water just to cover potatoes. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 to 30 minutes or until tender. Drain; let stand until cool enough to handle. Cut potatoes into cubes.
In large bowl, place potatoes, eggs, celery and onion; toss gently to mix. In small bowl, mix dressing ingredients until well blended.
Add dressing to potato mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour or until serving time.
Makes 8 servings (3/4 cup each)