glazed sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus 1 tablespoon for greasing
- 4 medium yams or sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter.
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 65mins
Cut each of the yams into 8 evenly shaped wedges. Lay them out in the prepared baking dish in an even layer. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar and allow to dissolve. Mix in syrup and cook until smooth. Pour the glaze over the yams and sprinkle with nutmeg.
Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for about 45 minutes or until the yams are tender when pierced with a fork but they still hold their shape.