Salad - Lettuce with Fruit and Nuts (Parve)
I serve variations of this lettuce salad with fruit and nuts throughout the year. I serve it with pomegranate seeds in the fall, mangoes or nectarines in the summer, kiwis or Clementine in the winter, and dried cranberries or raisins in the spring. While I almost always put bell peppers in the salad, adding toasted pine nuts is optional.
- • SALAD
- • lettuce and baby lettuce
- • bell pepper, thinly sliced
- • fruit (pomegranate seeds, kiwis, nectarines, Clementines, or raisins depending on the season)
- • pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- • DRESSING
- 1/3 • 1/3 cup virgin olive oil
- 1/3 • 1/3 cup salad vinegar
- 1/8-1/4 • 1/8-1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • sprinkle black pepper
- • sprinkle garlic powder
1. Wash and dry lettuce leaves. Place in a large bowl. Toss lettuce with thinly sliced bell pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Cut fruit into small pieces. Place in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
3. In a frying pan, heat pine nuts seeds over medium heat and brown slightly. Place in a covered container and store.
4. Whisk dressing ingredients together. Store salad dressing in a covered container in the refrigerator.
5. When it is time to serve the salad, toss the lettuce and pepper with the salad dressing. Gently toss with fruit and nuts. Serve.
You'll also love
- Cinnamon Orange Pancakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Deep-Fried Ham and Cheese Stuffed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- peter's pumpkin pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Roasted Shrimp with Lemon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BUTTERMILK BACON SPINACH QUICHE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Poached Pear, Macadamia, and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Romaine Lettuce Salad & Vegetables 0/5 (0 Votes)