Cinnamon Orange Pancakes
- •1 cup whole wheat flour
- •3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- •1 cup low-fat milk
- •3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- •1 large egg or egg substitute equivalent
- •2 Tablespoons Wheat germ
- •1 and 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- •2 teaspoons baking powder
- •1 teaspoon orange zest or finely grated peel
- •1 teaspoon cinnamon
- •2 pinches of salt
Adapted from mrbreakfast.com
In a large mixing bowl, sift together the two flours with the wheat germ, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
In a separate medium bowl, beat the egg slightly. Add milk, orange juice and orange zest and mix well.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just mixed and moistened.
Prepare a griddle or large skillet at medium-high heat with a coating of cooking spray.
Dollop batter onto hot surface in 1/4 cup amounts to make individual pancakes. Cook until bubbles begin to appear in the center of pancake. Flip and cook other side until golden brown.
You'll also love
- Deep-Fried Ham and Cheese Stuffed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Shiitake... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- peter's pumpkin pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Roasted Shrimp with Lemon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Multi-Grain Blueberry Pancakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Monkfish in Parchment with Wine,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Creamsicle Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)