Cauliflower Cheddar Gratin with Horseradish Crumbs
- 3 lb cauliflower (1 large head), cut into 1 1/2- to 2-inch florets
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 oz sharp Cheddar, coarsely grated (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallion greens
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 20 (2-inch square) saltine crackers
- 2 tablespoons drained bottled horseradish
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Cauliflower-Cheddar-Gratin-with-Horseradish-Crumbs-107360#ixzz1AbBdFvOA
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 80mins
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Cook cauliflower in a 5- to 6-quart pot of boiling salted water until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain cauliflower well in a colander and transfer to a buttered 2-quart baking dish.
While cauliflower is cooking, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 3- to 4-quart heavy saucepan over moderately low heat and whisk in flour. Cook roux over low heat, whisking, 3 minutes. Add milk in a slow stream, whisking, and bring to a boil, whisking frequently. Reduce heat and simmer sauce, whisking occasionally, 8 minutes. Remove from heat and add cheese, scallion greens, salt, and pepper, whisking until cheese is melted. Pour cheese sauce over cauliflower and stir gently to combine.
Coarsely crumble crackers into a bowl. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan, then remove from heat and stir in horseradish. Pour over crumbs and toss to coat.
Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over cauliflower.
Bake gratin in middle of oven until topping is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Cauliflower-Cheddar-Gratin-with-Horseradish-Crumbs-107360#ixzz1AbBh8P9B
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Cheesy Cauliflower Cakes 4.5/5 (114 Votes)
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower 4.5/5 (101 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp over... 4.5/5 (103 Votes)