Unforgettable Chicken Casserole
Crunchy, savory and yummy chicken casserole. The water chestnuts and almonds add the crunch, and the fried onions on top make it extra yummy!
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (6-ounce) can French-fried onion rings
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from mrfood.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, stir together chicken, celery, cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, water chestnuts, soup, and almonds. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Sprinkle onion rings evenly over top and bake 5 more minutes, or until bubbly around edges.
Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar & Garlic... 4.4/5 (65 Votes)
- Golden Corral Sweet Corn Pudding 4.1/5 (101 Votes)
- Lazy Man's Lobster Casserole 4/5 (124 Votes)
- Eggs Benedict Casserole 4.6/5 (54 Votes)
- Loaded Potato and Chicken Casserole 4.6/5 (52 Votes)
- Crock Pot Pineapple Chicken with... 3.9/5 (118 Votes)
- Chicken in Wine Sauce with Mashed... 4.4/5 (57 Votes)