Smashed White Bean and Avocado Club
- * 2 15-ounce cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- * 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- * 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- * 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- * 12 slices multigrain bread
- * 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- * 1 cucumber, preferably hothouse (seedless), thinly sliced (peeled, if desired)
- * 1 4- to 5-ounce container sprouts (such as alfalfa, radish, broccoli, or a combination)
- * 2 avocados, pitted and thinly sliced
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
In a medium bowl, combine the beans, oil, salt, and pepper. Roughly mash the mixture with the back of a fork.
Place 8 of the bread slices on a work surface. Divide the mashed beans among the slices. Top with the onion, cucumber, sprouts, and avocado. Stack the open-faced sandwiches on top of one another, avocado-side up, to make 4 double-decker sandwiches. Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread. Slice each sandwich in half, if desired, and serve.
Tip: You can make this quick sandwich even more quickly by using store-bought hummus in place of the smashed white beans.
You'll also love
- Bread Dressing with Dried... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Red Pepper-Tomato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Delight Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Bean Relish 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Layered Black Bean and Salsa Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken and Herbed White Beans 0/5 (0 Votes)
- arugula, avocado and fennel salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chili-Lime Crab Cakes with Corn &... 0/5 (0 Votes)