White Turkey Chili
Get your fill of comfort food with this superb White Chili with Ground Turkey! It will definitely leave your family feeling full!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 (4 ounce) cans canned green chile peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Ground cayenne pepper to taste
- Ground white pepper to taste
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
In a large pot over medium heat, combine the onion, garlic and ground turkey and sauté for 10 minutes, or until turkey is well browned.
Add the chile peppers, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, cayenne pepper to taste and white pepper to taste and sauté for 5 more minutes. Add two cans of the beans and the chicken broth to the pot.
Take the third can of beans and puree them in a blender or food processor. Add this to the pot along with the cheese.
Stir well and simmer for 10 minutes, allowing the cheese to melt.
Garnish with sour cream, additional cheese, cilantro, chives or your choice.