Corn and Cheddar Fritters
Recipe Source: Ladies Home Journal - August 2012
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn
- 2 Tbsp chopped jarred pimentos
- 2 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Canola oil for frying
1. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise and hot sauce; set aside in refrigerator.
2. In a medium bowl mix milk, egg, baking powder, cornmeal, flour and salt until smooth. Stir in fresh corn, pimentos, parsley and cheese.
3. Pour 1/4 inch canola oil into a large skillet and heat. Working in batches, fry 1/4-cup scoops of batter until golden, turning once, about 4 minutes total; transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Serve hot fritters with spicy mayonnaise.