Orange-Chipotle Glazed Tofu
Total Fat 9.5g
Saturated Fat 1g
- * 1 cup fresh orange juice
- * 1/4 cup maple syrup
- * 2 Tbs. rice vinegar or cider vinegar
- * 2 tsp. minced seeded chipotle chile in adobo sauce, drained, plus 2 tsp. adobo sauce
- * 1/4 tsp. salt
- * 2 14-oz. pkgs. extra-firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- * 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
1. Whisk together orange juice, maple syrup, vinegar, chipotle chile, adobo sauce, and salt in small bowl. Cover, and chill.
2. Cut each piece of tofu crosswise into 8 slices, each about 1/2-inch thick. Place tofu in large shallow glass dish. Add 1/2 cup orange juice mixture and oil to tofu, and turn to coat. Cover, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours, turning from time to time. Reserve remaining orange juice mixture, covered, in refrigerator.
3. Preheat broiler. Line large baking sheet with foil, and coat with cooking spray. Place tofu on prepared baking sheet. Combine marinade and reserved orange juice mixture in small saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Cook over medium heat 12 to 15 minutes, or until syrupy. Keep warm.
4. Broil tofu 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until golden, basting occasionally with orange juice mixture. Serve with remaining sauce.