Avacado and Black Eyed Pea Salad
Had this salad the first time at a bbq and loved it! Perfect side dish!
- 1 ripe but firm avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced (about 2 onions)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup roma tomato, chopped (about 1 tomato)
- 1 1/2 cup frozen sweet white corn, thawed
- 1 1/2 cup black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
1. In a salad bowl, gently toss together avocado, green onions, cilantro, tomato, corn and black-eyed peas.
2. Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over salad. Lightly toss to coat and refrigerate 1 hour to allow flavours to blend.