*Parchment-Wrapped Leg of Lamb with Lemon and Black Pepper
from Rachael Ray
- 1 bone-in leg of lamb, about 7 pounds, trimmed of excess fat
- 8 large cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1/3 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Lots of coarse black pepper and salt
- 1/2 cup mixed chopped herbs: thyme, rosemary, parsley, dill
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 13mins
Arrange a couple of large sheets of parchment paper on a work surface. Set the leg of lamb on top and cut small slits all over the leg meat and nestle in the garlic slices.
Whisk the EVOO and lemon juice together then rub the dressing all over the leg. Season liberally with salt and coarse black pepper, and rub with herbs. Poke sprigs of rosemary into slits in lamb. Cover with another sheet of parchment. Fold the bottom pieces up and into the top piece to form a packet. Secure with kitchen string and let marinate in the fridge several hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 300°F.
Set wrapped leg into a roasting pan, resting the leg bone on one corner of the pan to settle juices under the leg as it roasts. Roast 3 hours, let it rest for half an hour, then unwrap and carve meat, serving the roasting juice over the top and Minty Herb and Shallot Sauce, and Drunken Leeks alongside.
You'll also love
- Zucchini Bread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bacon Cheeseburger Rice 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Garlic Steak With Mushrooms and... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Apple Frangepane Tart 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Fresh Lime Margaritas 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Swiss Bacon Canapes 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Zucchini Cake with Lime Cream... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Cheesecake Bars, Lemon 5/5 (1 Votes)
Review this recipe