Bacon Cheeseburger Rice
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 361 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 606 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped dill pickles
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the beef until no longer pink; drain. Add water, barbecue sauce, mustard, onion and pepper. Bring to a boil; stir in the rice. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with pickles and bacon. Yield: 4-6 servings.