Popcorn Snack Mix
This popcorn snack mix is perfect the way it is - and will go fast! For a twist, add different candies for different holidays -- candy pumpkins at Halloween, or heart candies at Valentine's Day!
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 4 cups Cheerios® cereal
- 4 cups Corn or Rice Chex® cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Cooking time 90mins
In a large greased roasting pan, combine popcorn, cereal and peanuts.
In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup and butter; bring to a rolling boil. Boil for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; quickly stir in vanilla and baking soda until mixture is light and foamy.
Immediately pour over popcorn mixture; mix well.
Bake, uncovered, at 250°F for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely.
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker Mac & Cheese 3.8/5 (1159 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.4/5 (733 Votes)
- Kool-Aid Ice Cubes in Sprite 4.5/5 (244 Votes)
- 7-Layer Vegetarian Greek Dip 4.5/5 (135 Votes)
- Candied Pecans 4.4/5 (125 Votes)
- Club Cracker Candy 3.9/5 (137 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Snack Mix 4.6/5 (45 Votes)
- Dulce de Leche Cheerios® Snack Mix 4.9/5 (12 Votes)