Salmon "Tartare" Spread
- 1/4 cup capers, packed in brine and drained
- 8 oz. good-quality smoked salmon
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- Kettle-style potato chips, sesame crackers or toasts
1.) Pulse capers, until coarsely chopped, in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add salmon, dill, oil and lemon zest; pulse until salmon is finely chopped and well-mixed. Stir in red onion.
2.) Serve with kettle-style potato chips, sesame crackers or toasts. If you assemble the hors d'oeuvres (rather than letting guests make their own), top each tartare-covered toast or chip with a thin slice of lemon, rind and all.