Sweet candied pecans with cinnamon and vanilla flavors.
- 2 3/4 cups pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Place pecans in a shallow baking pan in a 250° fahrenheit oven for 10
minutes or until warmed.
Grease a 15-inch x 10-inch, x 1-inch, baking pan with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside.
Grease the sides of a large heavy saucepan with remaining butter; add sugar, water, salt and cinnamon.
Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cover and cook for 2 minutes to dissolve sugar crystals.
Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 236° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; add vanilla. Stir in warm pecans until evenly coated.
Spread onto prepared baking pan. Bake at 250° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Spread on a waxed paper- lined baking sheet to cool.
We recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
You'll also love
- Raspberry Cheese Danish 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Mini Caprese Salad Bites 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Applebee's Artichoke Spinach Dip 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Bavarian Style Apple Strudel... 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Spicy Cajun Seafood Stew 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Lebkuchen German Soft Gingerbread... 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Blood-Red Hot Chocolate &... 4.7/5 (19 Votes)