Christmas Poke Cake
Rich chocolate peppermint cake moistened with sweetened condensed milk, smothered in whipped cream, and topped with candy cane bits.
- 1 chocolate cake mix, prepared and baked according to the directions on the box.
- 1 cup peppermint dairy creamer
- 14.5 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar Smuckers hot fudge sundae sauce
- 1/4 cup peppermint dairy creamer
- 1 cup crushed Oreos
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Andes Peppermint Chips for topping (approximately 1 1/2 cups)
- Crushed Oreos for topping (approximately 1 cup)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 240mins
Once the cake has cool, use the bottom of a wooden spoon to poke 20+ holes in the cake.
In a small bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and 1 cup of the peppermint dairy creamer. Pour over the cake, trying to fill in the holes.
In the same bowl, whisk together the hot fudge sundae sauce and 1/4 cup peppermint dairy creamer. Mix in 1 cup crushed Oreos.
Pour and spread the fudge mixture over the cake as evenly as possible.
Spread the cool whip over the fudge. Sprinkle on the Andes candy bits and crushed Oreos (as much or as little as you want).
Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, until the sweetened condensed mixture has soaked into the cake and it's thoroughly chilled. Cut and serve.