Looking for a different type of chicken recipe? This spring chicken recipe will get you ready for the season and it's delicious at the same time.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 pound small new potatoes
- 14 fluid ounces low-salt vegetable stock (such as Kallo low-salt vegetable stock cubes)
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 pound spring greens, shredded
- 1/2 pound petits pois
- bunch spring onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoon pesto
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from bbcgoodfood.com
Heat the oil in a large, heavy pan. Add the onion, gently fry for 5 mins until softened, add the chicken, then fry until lightly colored.
Add the potatoes, stock and plenty of freshly ground black pepper, then bring to the boil. Cover, then simmer for 30 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked. Can be frozen at this point.
Add the broccoli, spring greens, petit pois and spring onions, stir well, then return to the boil. Cover, then cook for 5 mins more, stir in the pesto and heat through.
You'll also love
- Green Papaya Spring Rolls 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Easy Creamy Cheesy Chicken... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Pumpkin & Cider Stove Top Mac n'... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Beer in the Butt Chicken & Drippin... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Country Chicken Bacon Pot Pie 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Chicken Curry 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Peach Whisky Barbecue Chicken... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- SPRING ROLLS 0/5 (0 Votes)