Pecan-Crusted Cod Strip
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 lb. cod fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup torn soft bread pieces
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 35mins
1. Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Coat a wire baking rack with nonstick cooking spray and place on a baking sheet or in a shallow baking pan; set aside. Cut fish into 3x1-inch strips; set aside.
2. Place the pecans, bread pieces, and salt in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Place in a small bowl. Place flour in another small bowl. Place eggs in a third small bowl.
3. Lightly coat the cod strips in the flour, shaking to remove excess. Dip flour-coated strips in egg, then roll in pecan mixture to coat. Place the cod strips on the prepared rack. Lightly coat fish with cooking spray.
4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden and fish flakes when tested with a fork. Makes 6 servings.