Best Tuna Casserole
I'm not crazy about tuna casseroles, but Marty loves them. This is one that I will eat, as well! I use a reduced calorie, less sodium soup to make it a little healthier!
- 4 cups package egg noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped onion or sliced green onion
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped celery hearts (optional)
- 3 (5 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 lb. sliced mushrooms (can use 1/2 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbl butter
- 1/2 Tbl lemon juice
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
2. If using fresh mushrooms, saute in butter and lemon juice.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
4. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix noodles, onion, 1 cup cheese, peas, celery tuna, soup and mushrooms. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish, and top with 3/4 cup cheese, potato chip crumbs and then remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
5. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is bubbly and top is lightly brown.