Grilled Sweet Corn Salsa
Gilled sweet corn combines with bell peppers, red onion, cilantro, and pickled jalapeños. A tasty Southwestern summer salad!
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn
- Extra light olive oil, plus1 tablesspon, divided
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, diced small
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeño, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from simplyscratch.com
Heat a grill to high.
Brush the corn with light olive oil. Grill until cooked and slightly charred. Turn often and watch carefully.
While the corn is cooling; combine the chopped peppers, onion, cilantro, jalapeños, the juice of a 1 lime, cilantro and season with kosher salt.
Slice corn off cob and combine kernels into salad. Give it a good toss, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Stir once before serving.