Tuscan Kale Caesar Slaw
Tuscan Kale has long, narrow, bumpy leaves.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 8 anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 hard boiled egg, peeled
- 14 oz. Tuscan Kale, center stocks removed, thinly sliced crosswise (~8 cups)
Combine first 4 ingredients in a blender; puree until smooth. With machine running, slowly add oil, drop by drop, to make a creamy dressing. transfer to a bowl and add 1/4 cup Parmesan. Season with S & P and chill.
Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep chilled.
Separate egg white from yolk. Press egg white through a coarse strainer with the back of a spoon. Remove all white from mesh. Press egg yolk through a clean strainer, using a clean bowl. Cover bowls and chill.
Toss kale and dressing in a bowl. Add remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and sieved eggs.