Cucumber Gimlet PRINT
Published: April 18, 2013
- 2 1/2 cups thinly sliced cucumber, plus more for garnish
- 4 1/2 cups gin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 c mint leaves, lightly packed plus more for garnish
- 2 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- lime slices and/or cucumber slices as garnish
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Steep 2 1/2 cups cucumber slices in 4 1/2 cups gin, covered and chilled for at least 8 hours and up to 4 days. Strain; store indefinitely in the refrigerator.
Heat 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water over medium-high heat, stirring until dissolved. Add 1 cup mint leaves; remove from heat. Cover; steep 30 minutes to 1 hour. Strain; discard mint. Refrigerate up to 2 months.
In a 2-quart pitcher, stir gin, simple syrup and lime juice. Refrigerate.
To serve, pour individual servings into a cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake vigorously, and strain into an ice-filled double old-fashioned glass. Garnish with cucumber and/or lime slices and mint. Repeat for additional cocktails.
You'll also love
- Chopped Pasta Salad 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Creole Fried Fish Sandwich with... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Topsy turvy apple pie 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Mini Orange Angel Food Cakes 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Ginger- Sweet Potato Cheesecake 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Hummus Pizza With Caramelized... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Lemon-Dill Orzo Pasta Salad with... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
Review this recipe