Swimming Rama Chicken on Fresh Spinach
- Peanut Sauce:
- 1 ‑3/4 to 2 pounds fresh spinach, washed and stemmed or 2 packages (10 ounces each) fresh spinach
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 fresh red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped* or 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 stalk fresh lemon grass
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- ½ c chunky peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground red pepper
- 1 c unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
Peanut Sauce Preparation:
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender.
Reduce heat to medium. Add peanut butter, brown sugar, fish sauce, paprika and red pepper; stir until smooth. Slowly stir in coconut milk until well blended. (At this point, the sauce may be cooled, covered and refrigerated up to 2 days in advance.)
Stir sauce constantly over medium heat until bubbling gently. Stir in lime juice.
Thinly cut chicken into 2 inch strips. Grind together red chili peppers, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves in a food processor. Heat oil to medium-high and saute pepper mixture for 3 minutes. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked. Reduce heat to medium low. Add peanut sauce. Serve on bed of fresh spinach with coconut rice.