- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbs Cilantro
- 1/4 cup Green Onion, Sliced
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbs Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Green Chilies, Diced
- 1/2 Tbs Taco/Fajita Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups Japanese Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 1/4 lbs. Walleye Filets
1. Cut walleye into 3/8 inch chunks; place in refrigerator.
2. Lightly whisk eggs in mixing bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients, except walleye and bread crumbs.
4. Mix until fully combined.
5. Add walleye chunks and bread crumbs and fold together.
6. Wrap bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for an hour.
7. After refrigerating, portion the mixture to 3 ½ ounce balls.
8. Form slightly into 1-inch thick cakes and lightly and carefully dredge in additional crumbs just to cover.
9. Transfer to a sheet tray.
10. Refrigerate for two hours.
4 ounces Butter Flavored Soy Oil
8 Walleye Cakes
12 ounces Green Chili Remoulade
4 Tbs Cilantro, Chopped
4 ounces Srirachi Sauce
1. Pour Soy Oil on 375°F griddle.
2. Place walleye cakes on top of oil.
3. Cook until golden brown.
4. Spoon remoulade onto serving plate.
5. Place walleye cakes on top of the remoulade.
6. Serve with Srirachi sauce.
7. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Mo Moore, Axel's
12/19/2008 2:55:40 PM