Chicken w/Baby Spinach and Couscous
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 lb total), pounded between 2 sheets of waxed paper to 1/2" thickness
- 1/4 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped (about 1 tbsp)
- 8 oz baby spinach leaves (about 8 cups lightly packed)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup canned no-salt-added chopped tomatoes, with their juices
- 2 cups hot cooked whole-wheat couscous (from about 3/4 cup uncooked)
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1.) heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Season the chicken on both sides with the salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the pan and cook until browned and just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken to a plate.
2.) Add the remaining 2 tbsp oil to pan, add the garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add the spinach and cook just until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then transfer the spinach to a bowl and set it aside.
3.) Add the vinegar, broth, and tomatoes to the pan and stir, scraping any browned bits off the bottom. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce is slightly thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
4.) Divide the couscous between 4 serving plates. Top with some of the spinach, then a piece of chicken and the balsamic-tomato sauce and serve.
You'll also love
- Orange-Bran Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CLAMS: Clams with Sausage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Snap Peas, Turnips, Mint &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Endive & bacon gratin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef and Artichoke Fettuccine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macaroni and Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easy Cheesy Spinach Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Basic Couscous - V 0/5 (0 Votes)