Cocoa Ribbon Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 2 tsp salt
- Cooking spray
- 5 TBS cocoa powder
- 2 TBS milk
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. With electric mixer, beat butter and mascarpone together until smooth. Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in vanilla. With mixer on low, add 3/4 cup flour; mix until well combined. Add second 3/4 cup flour; mix until combined.
3. Measure 1 1/2 cups finished batter into a separate bowl; mix in cocoa until smooth, add milk and continue mixing until well incorporated. Set aside.
4. Coat a bundt pan with cooking spray; pour in 1/2 of remaining (white) batter. Top with cocoa batter, then top cocoa layer with remaining white batter. Use a knife to swirl cocoa ribbons in batter.
5. Bake until golden, 60-75 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in the pan and then turn out onto wire rack. Cool completely before slicing.
Makes 16 servings.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Coconut Pound Cake 4.4/5 (101 Votes)
- Coconut-Lemon Crepe Cake 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Apple Fries with Caramel Cream Dip 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole (Low... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Simple Layer Cake with Vanilla... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- 5 Flavor Pound Cake 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Buttery Vanilla Pudding Pound Cake 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Cranberry-Marscapone Pound Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe