Grilled Eggplant Panini with Basil Aioli
This grilled sandwich is loaded with roasted eggplant and peppers. Melted Provolone and homemade basil aioli top it off for a memorable lunch or light dinner.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large eggplant,sliced into eight pieces
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Ciabatta rolls, split
- 8 slices provolone cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat grill or oven to medium heat, about 350°F. If using oven, place rack 3 to 4 inches from heat.
For basil aioli, place mayonnaise, basil, Parmesan, chives, salt and pepper in a blender; cover, and process until smooth. Set aside.
Brush eggplant and peppers with oil. Roast 3 to 4 inches from broiler or on a covered grill until tender, 4 to 5 minutes per side. When cool enough to handle, chop peppers. Set vegetables aside.
Spread cut sides of each Ciabatta roll with 2 tablespoons basil aioli. Top each with 1 slice of cheese. Layer bottom halves of rolls with eggplant and peppers and replace tops.
In a Panini press or on the grill, cook the sandwiches until cheese is melted, 5 to 7 minutes.
Serve with remaining aioli on the side. Refrigerate leftover aioli for later use.
You'll also love
- Healthy Pizza Panini 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Tomato, Mozzarella & Pesto Panini 4.2/5 (35 Votes)
- Sautéed Fish with Crawfish Cream... 3.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Spaghetti Quiche 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Congee 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Preserved Lemon & Pomegranate... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Olive Oil-Poached Cod with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Ratatouille Skillet Eggs 4/5 (1 Votes)