Bacon Wrapped Pork Medallions with Apple Cider Sauce
Delicious weeknight meal. Moist pork tenderloin, wrapped in bacn, topped with a fantastic apple cider sauce! I served this with mashed sweet potatoes, and sauteed cabbage!
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 3 pounds
- 1 pound of bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
Cut the tenderloins into 1 1/2 inch thick medallions. Wrap each medallion with a strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Heat a large saute pan to medium high and add the olive oil. Saute the medallions for about 4 - 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Tip the medallions on their edges to brown the bacon, about an additional 3 - 4 minutes. The internal temperature of the pork should be about 140 degrees when the pork is finished cooking. Remove to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
Pour off all but about 1 tablespoon of the drippings from the pan. Heat the pan back to medium high and add the shallots and saute for 3 - 4 minutes. Add the apple cider and scrape up any of the brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Stir in the mustard and simmer for 4 - 5 minutes to thicken the sauce. Whisk in the butter until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Return the pork medallions to the pan and drizzle with the sauce. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Cream Cheese Baked Spaghetti 4.1/5 (42 Votes)
- Quick and Easy Eggless Banana Bread 4.2/5 (64 Votes)
- Strawberry and Banana Cars 4.2/5 (36 Votes)
- Tickle's Pineapple Casserole 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Irish Beef Hand Pies 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bacon... 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Baby Back Ribs in an Instant Pot 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Bacon Bomb 4.5/5 (17 Votes)