Plum Cornmeal Cake
It's really yummy. Must find another name for it!
- 1 1/2 cups cake mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Large pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 6 ounces (12 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ripe red-fleshed plums, such as Santa Rosa
To make the cake: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9 1/2-inch springform pan. Tap out the excess flour.
Sift the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Stir in the salt and the 1/2 cup cornmeal.
In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a small bowl, stir together the milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. In 3 additions, alternately stir in the dry ingredients and the milk into the butter mixture just until combined. Spread half of the batter in the prepared pan. Place half of the plums over the cake batter. Repeat with the remaining cake batter and remaining plums. Sprinkle the 1 tablespoon cornmeal over the top of the cake. Bake until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
You'll also love
- EDIBLE SLIME 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Instant Pot Purple Hull Peas 3.9/5 (11 Votes)
- GARLIC ROASTED TOMATO AND SPINACH... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Canned Harvard Beets 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jamie Oliver's Peach & Prosciutto... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fiesta Corn Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jalapeno Cornbread (Farmhouse... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Plum Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)