Instant Pot Purple Hull Peas
Instant Pot Purple Hull Peas is the best recipe for savory black-eyed peas that cook up quickly in your Instant Pot. This recipe pairs perfectly with any Southern buffet spread, jalapeno cornbread, or just serve this recipe in a bowl with a spoon. Seasoning meat can be whichever meat that you prefer that is seasoned heavily with salt and black overnight so that it is full of flavor and so it will add a ton of flavor to your final dish.
- 2 tablespoons oil or bacon grease
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup seasoning meat
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh or frozen purple hull peas
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Heat pot on saute until it reads "hot." Add oil or grease and allow to heat up until hot; then, add onion. Stir, then add seasoning meat. When the onion is transparent, add chicken broth and deglaze.
Then, add brown sugar, then add peas.
Attach lid with the vent closed. Manually set for 8 minutes.
Use the 10-minute Natural Pressure Release to release the steam.
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker Meatloaf 4.3/5 (232 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker BBQ Chicken 4.2/5 (177 Votes)
- GARLIC ROASTED TOMATO AND SPINACH... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin Tips... 3.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Air Fryer Cheeseburger Egg Rolls 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Stuffed/Baked Bell Peppers with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash Salad with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Eyed Pea and Sweet Potato... 0/5 (0 Votes)