Poached Pear Sundaes
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 small orange peel strips (orange part only)
- 2 pears peeled, halved, and cored
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate syrup for serving
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Grated semisweet chocolate for garnish
Bring water, honey and orange peel to boil in heavy medium saucepan. Add pears. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until pears are tender but still firm, about 12 minutes. Refrigerate pears in poaching liquid until cold, about 3 hours. (Pears can be prepared 1 day ahead.)
Slice pears. Arrange slices decoratively in 2 dishes. Top with 1 scoop vanilla ice cream. Drizzle chocolate syrup over. Garnish with whipped cream and grated chocolate.
This recipe yields 2 servings.