Rum Spiced Apple Cider
This rum spiced apple cider is perfect for a cool fall evening. By simmering the apple and cloves with the cider, it makes the flavors deeper and richer.
- 1 apple
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 cup dark rum
- Cinnamon sticks, garnish
Cooking time 20mins
Stud the apple with the cloves.
In a medium pot, combine the studded apple and remaining ingredients except the rum. Slowly bring to a simmer over low heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove from the heat and add the rum. Discard the apple.
Ladle into mugs and garnish each with a cinnamon stick. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Pukka Yellow Curry with Chicken... 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Warm Pumpkin-Blueberry Bread =... 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Sausage Egg Boats 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops 4.4/5 (57 Votes)
- Starbucks Lemon Loaf 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Pineapple Punch 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Homemade Apple Fritters 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Raspberry Mojito 4.5/5 (45 Votes)