Pineapple Praline Bread
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 can (15 oz) can crushed Pineapple (juice included)
- 2 cups all purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- For the Topping
- 1/2 cup unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup brown Sugar
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped and divided
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a large bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Combine the eggs, sugar and crushed pineapple in another bowl. Blend well. Pour the egg mixture to the flour mixture; stir to mix.
Fold in half of the pecans into the mix. Spoon the mixture into a greased or parchment paper-lined 9x5-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle the remaining pecans on top and gently press into the batter.
Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a rack.
For the topping:
In a saucepan melt the butter with the sugar. Let boil for a minute. Spoon sauce over the bread covering it entirely. Alternatively, you can melt the butter and sugar and then add the remaining pecans and spoon this over the bread batter before baking. Bake as instructed. I have tried both (see second photo for the alternative method) and they are both yummy.
Let it cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Ham, spinach & potato frittata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Stuffed Fish with Sweet... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Honey Sriracha Lime Salmon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Weight Watchers No Fat Carrot... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Jars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chili Lime Chicken Tacos with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PINEAPPLE MUSTARD SAUCE 0/5 (0 Votes)