Cranberry-Marscapone Pound Cake
KIM BUETTNER - FACEBOOK
- 187 gms CAKE ****flour (approx. 1 1/2 cups plus 3 TBS flour)
- (for each cup AP flour, remove 2TBS flour and replace with 2TBS cornbstarch)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup cranberries
- 5 oz white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unslated butter, room temp
- 300 gms sugar (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBS browned butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- slivered almonds
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 80mins
1. Oven 350 degrees; butter and flour 8x5" bread pan. Don't use PAM. Toss chips w/ add'l flour, toss cranberries with add'l flour
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt, sift THREEE times, set aside
3. Over medium heat, brown 2.5 TBS butter until it is amber, remove foam and set aside
4. Whisk egg with vanilla and set aside
5. Mix butter on medium speed until creamy, slowly add sugar and continue beating until creamy.
6. Add heavy cream and mascarpone and beat on medium speed
7. Turn mixer on low speed and gradually add dry ingredients alternately with eggs.
8. Add chocolate chunks to batter and stir well, then gently stir in cranberries.
9. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, smooth the top and gently tap the pan on counter to remove air bubbles.
10. With a butter knife draw a line down the center of the pound cake and pour browned butter into the line.
11. Bake until top of cake is golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean - 55-65 minutes. Cool in pan for 15", then remove from pan and cool on wire rack. 8x5 foil pan - bake 50 minutes, rotating every 15 minutes. 8x6 flat pan - bake 45 minutes rotating every 15 minutes.
12. Cool cake completely. With a mixer cream together softened butter and cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add in powdered sugar and beat until smooth, mix in vanilla extract. Spread on top of cake and place in fridge until the frosting is set. Garnish with slivered almonds.
You'll also love
- White Chocolate Bread Pudding 4.2/5 (91 Votes)
- White Chocolate Strawberry Tiramisu 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Cocoa Ribbon Pound Cake 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Coconut-Lemon Crepe Cake 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Guacamole Stuffed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CRANBERRY LIME SPARKLERS 0/5 (0 Votes)