This easy to make and naturally sweet Orange Chicken Recipe is a delicious take on the American-Chinese classic and is ready in 20 minutes. A fun and tasty meal for the entire family!
- For the orange chicken sauce:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 2 cups bean sprouts (optional), rinsed and patted dry
- 2 garlic cloves, minced Coupons
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey (add one more if you like it sweeter)
- 3 tsp cornstarch mixed with 3 tsp water
Adapted from pickledplum.com
1. Put chicken, rice vinegar and cornstarch in a bowl and mix until cornstarch has dissolved. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, add all the ingredients for the orange chicken sauce - EXCEPT for cornstarch and water. Whisk until smooth and set aside.
3. In a large pan over high heat, add oil and chicken and toss for 4-5 minutes, until chicken is almost cooked through.
4. Stir the sauce and add to the pan. Bring the sauce to a boil and add cornstarch and water mixture, stirring constantly.
5. Cook for a minute or until the sauce has thickened and turn the heat off.
6. Put the bean sprouts on a plate and top with orange chicken. Drizzle with sesame oil and sprinkle sesame seeds and scallions on top. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Pork Shumai Meatballs 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Sambuseh With Lentils & Potatoes 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Tuscan Grain Bowl with Grilled... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Coconut Beef Curry 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Apple Walnut Salad 4/5 (2 Votes)
- lemon bars using sweetened... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Lemon Curd - Ina Garten 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Orange Chiffon Pie 4/5 (2 Votes)