Potato & Red Onion Frittata
This Italian classic is great anytime of day or for brunch on those special occasions. Thin slices of pan fried potatoes with garlic are served over eggs, onions and cheese. Delicious!
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound red potatoes (about 5 small), thinly sliced
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Gruyere or Swiss cheese, shredded
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, saute onion and rosemary in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the pan and set aside. In the same skillet, cook potatoes in 2 tablespoons butter until tender and golden brown. Remove and keep warm.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese and onion mixture. Melt remaining butter in the skillet; tilt pan to evenly coat. Add egg mixture. Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes or until nearly set.
Top with potatoes; bake for 3-5 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
You'll also love
- hearty beef and pasta soup 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- 10-Minute Beef Teriyaki Skillet 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Grilled Broccoli with Garlic... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Sun-Dried Chorizo Garlic Shrimp 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Polenta With... 5/5 (6 Votes)
- Polish Sausage Sauerkraut &... 3.8/5 (133 Votes)
- Cheesy Onion Potatoes PRINT 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Gingered Onion and Beef Soup with... 5/5 (3 Votes)