10-Minute Beef Teriyaki Skillet
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef (I used 96% lean)
- 1 cup finely diced onion*
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger (or about 1/4 teaspoon dried ground ginger)
- 3/4 cup thick teriyaki sauce (such as Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce)
- Optional Garnish: sliced green onion, toasted sesame seeds
- For Serving: rice, tortillas, or lettuce wraps
Preparation time 10mins
Adapted from theseasonedmom.com
In a large skillet preheat 1 teaspoon sesame oil over medium-high heat for about 1 minute. The sesame oil adds great flavor to the dish, but if you don’t have any you can substitute with canola or vegetable oil.
Add beef, onion, garlic and ginger to the skillet. Cook, breaking up the meat as you stir, until the beef is no longer pink and the onion is tender (about 5-7 minutes). Drain, and return meat to skillet.
Stir teriyaki sauce into the beef mixture. Bring to a low simmer and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, just until sauce thickens slightly.
Serve over rice, in tortillas, or in lettuce wraps.
*Tip: I like to use frozen diced onion for recipes like this, because it eliminates any prep work!
You'll also love
- Grilled Broccoli with Garlic... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Sun-Dried Chorizo Garlic Shrimp 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Veal Chops with Grapes 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Beef Tenderloin with Portabella... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Beef Teriyaki - Grilled 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe