Pumpkin-Hard Cider Cheese Dip
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 12 -ounce bottle hard cider
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (about 12 ounces)
- Chopped fresh chives, for topping
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and garlic; cook, stirring, until incorporated, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the cider, pumpkin puree, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, the pie spice and cayenne until smooth. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
Gradually whisk in the cream cheese and cheddar until melted and smooth, about 2 minutes. Transfer the dip to a bowl; top with the bacon and chives.
Serve with sliced apples or raisin-nut bread.