Homemade Hot Chocolate
This is the perfect recipe for gifting to a friend or enjoying with your loved ones at a holiday event. This recipe makes 12 hot chocolate balls that can be melted in milk in the microwave for a fresh, pipping hot cup of hot chocolate. These hot chocolate balls can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or frozen in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- 1 (12-ounce) bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Combine chocolate, heavy cream, and salt in a large bowl and stir to combine. Heat the bowl in the microwave for 30 second increments, stirring in between, until smooth, for about 2 minutes.
Cover the chocolate mixture with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 2 hours. Once hardened, scoop out the chocolate mixture into balls. Wrap each ball in plastic wrap and store them in the fridge.
To make a cup of hot cocoa, put one chocolate ball in a mug of milk and heating in 15 second increments until the drink is warm, mixed and smooth, about 1 minute.
The chocolate balls will keep in the fridge for up to five days and in the freezer for two months.
You'll also love
- Deep-Fried Cheesecake Bites 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Hasselback Maple Pecan Sweet... 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Greek Chicken Kebabs with Tzatziki... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Earl Grey Chocolate Truffles 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Popcorn Toffee Crack Bars 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Winter Lentil Soup 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Martini 4.5/5 (11 Votes)