Drinking peach margaritas are the ideal way to spend a warm summer afternoon! This recipe makes enough for 8 drinks.
- 1 pound (about 3) ripe peaches, bottoms scored, plus 2 more peaches, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons (2 1/2-ounces) orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup (6-ounces) silver tequila
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups bottled peach nectar
- 8 mint sprigs, for garnish
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Prepare an ice-water bath. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add 1 pound peaches, and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to ice-water bath to cool. Remove peaches from water.
Peel and halve peaches, and remove pits. Slice peaches into wedges, and transfer to a medium bowl. Toss with orange liqueur, sugar, and salt. Cover, and set in a warm spot until peaches give off juice, about 20 minutes.
Purée peach mixture in a blender or a food processor until completely smooth. Immediately stir in tequila and lemon juice. (Peach purée with tequila can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 4 hours.) Transfer to a pitcher, and stir in peach nectar.
Fill each of 8 tall glasses with ice, and garnish each with a mint sprig. Cut the remaining 2 peaches into 8 thick wedges, cut a small slit into inside curve of each wedge, and place one wedge on rim of each glass. Divide margarita among glasses.
You'll also love
- Jello Shots 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- French Potato Salad 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Glazed Carrots, Cooks Illustrated... 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Spicy Jalapeño Philly Cheese... 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Raspberry Lemon Drop Martini 4.2/5 (60 Votes)
- Pineapple Sheet Cake 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Streusel Peach Pie 4.5/5 (37 Votes)