Pan Seared Chicken Breast with Herb Jus and Potato-Vegetable Hash
A simple hash of potato, zucchini and squash supports delicious pan seared chicken breasts in a rich herb jus pan sauce - perfect for entertaining.
- POTATO-VEGETABLE HASH:
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts, cut airline-style, tenderloins removed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1 Idaho potato
- 1 zucchini
- 1 squash
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice
- Grapeseed oil
- Salt, to taste
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Heat a large sauté pan over high heat and add the oil. Season both sides of chicken breast with salt and pepper, to taste. Sear the chicken, skin side down, 4 to 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium, flip the chicken, cover the pan and cook on second side for 7 to 8 minutes.
After second side has been cooked, add the wine, garlic, and herbs and continue to cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and allow it to rest.
Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the butter, scraping up the bits from the bottom of the pan.
Serve the chicken with Potato-Vegetable Hash and the pan sauce. Garnish with chives.
Using a box grater, shred the potato, zucchini and squash, and add them to a large bowl.
Stir in the onion, egg, flour, garlic, herbs, and Cajun spice. Blend well. Add more flour if mixture is too wet. The mixture should hold its shape when squeezed.
Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil. Portion the hash into 2 cakes, then gently put them in the pan. Cook until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes, then flip and cook until the other side is browned. Remove them from the pan to a paper towel and season with salt, to taste. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Clinton Kelly's Strawberry Basil... 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- STRAWBERRY AND CREAM PIE 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Loaded Chicken and Potato Casserole 4.2/5 (36 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Coconut... 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Hawaiian Burger with... 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Smoked Turkey 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Crispy Fried Buttermilk Chicken 4.5/5 (37 Votes)