Pepper Jack Cheese Stuffed Meatballs and Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb fresh andouille sausage, casing removed
- 1 lb fresh Italian sausage, casing removed
- 2 c. tore sourdough bread
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bunch of green onions, minced
- 1/2 c. minced parsley
- 1 tbsp. creole seasoning
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. oregano, crushed
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp. black pepper
- 1 8oz. block of pepper jack cheese cubed into 1/2 inch
Adapted from creolecontessa.blogspot.com
In a large bowl mix all the ingredients except the cheese. Using a 1/4 measuring cup form meatballs into balls and place on a cookie sheet. With your thumb press a hole into each meatball and place 1 cube of cheese.
Form back into a ball shape and set aside. In a large skillet add 4 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat, add meatballs and brown on all sides about 2-3 minutes per side, remove and set aside. Repeat until all meatballs are browned.
1 small can tomato paste
1 28oz can of crushed tomatoes
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. creole seasoning
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
2 c. chicken broth
After browning meatballs, add chopped onion to pot and saute for about 5 minutes, add garlic and cook 2 minutes more. Add ground turkey and cook until browned about 12 minutes, add all seasonings and mix well.
Add tomato paste and cook for about 6 minutes, add tomato sauce and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and add browned meatballs and cook for about 30-40 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally.
Serve with pasta and extra Parmesan cheese and crusty bread.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooked Jerk Pork with... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Mediterranean Seafood Stew 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Chicken and White Bean Stuffed... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Acorns 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Copycat Lipton's Onion Soup Mix 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Best Canned Tomato Salsa 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Jamie Oliver's Simple Tomato Sauce 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Hungry Girl Chicken Parmesan 4.5/5 (4 Votes)