Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1.5 lbs. chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 packages 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 TBS of butter
- 1 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Cook the spaghetti squash. To do this, I bake it whole after piercing the skin two or three times. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes. Cut in half and remove seeds. Remove the strands of squash with a fork.
While the squash is cooking, cook and shred the chicken. I put my chicken pieces on a broiling pan and broil them 5 min per side for 20ish min. I then cut chicken in bite sized pieces. You can also cut the chicken with kitchen shears to make smaller pieces.
As you're waiting for the squash and chicken to finish cooking, make a sauce using the cream cheese, sour cream, butter, 1/2 cups of the cheddar cheese, chicken broth, garlic, salt, and pepper. Depending on the size of your squash, decide how much chicken broth to use. You want it to be a soupy consistency, but not too watery. 1½ cups has been just about right for me, but it depends on what you like and how big the squash are.
While the sauce is heating, blend well with a fork or wire whisk until it is smooth and free of clumps.
Put the cooked spaghetti squash and the cooked, shredded chicken in a greased 9"x 13" pan.
Pour the sauce over the squash and chicken. Stir the mixture well to combine everything.
Sprinkle 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese over the casserole.
Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes, until heated through. Serve with a salad or vegetable of your choice, and enjoy your delicious meal!
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (737 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin 4.6/5 (81 Votes)
- Baked Spaghetti Squash with Garlic... 4.5/5 (81 Votes)
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Herbs 4.4/5 (69 Votes)