Red Lobster Shrimp Gumbo
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup each diced onion, green pepper and celery
- 8 oz sausage, cut into 1/2-in. pieces
- 8 oz ham- diced
- 1 1/2 Tblsp Emeril's Bayou Blast seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp gumbo file powder
- 1/4 tsp ground chile pepper
- 4 cans chicken broth
- 1 Tblsp light brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 oz raw shrimp peeled and deveined
1) Melt butter in a large heavy pot. Add flour; stir until blended. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, 6-8 minutes until golden brown.
2) Add onion, pepper and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes until vegetables are soft.
3) Stir in sausage, ham, Emeril's seasoning, paprika, and file powder and ground chile. Cook about 2 minutes.
4) Add broth and stir until well combined. Add brown sugar and bay leaf; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, 20 minutes for flavors to blend. Add shrimp and cook 10 minutes, or until pink and c ooked through. Discard bay leaf.