Pasta With Spicy Sausages, Tomatoes, Rosemary and Olives
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 fat garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe plum tomatoes, trimmed and diced
- 1/4 cup green pitted olives, slivered
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 pound whole-wheat pasta, like penne.
1. Warm the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and rosemary; cook, breaking up the meat with a fork, until browned and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic, cook 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and stir occasionally until they have broken down and turned into a sauce, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the olives for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Add salt to taste, cover and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain well and toss with the sauce.
You'll also love
- Grilled Cilantro Cod 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoky Pork Calzones 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asparagus and Smoked Salmon Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Carrot Cake- Gail's recipe 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bacon Curls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tunisian Couscous (variation with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cool and Creamy Macaroni Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage and Wild Rice Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)