Asparagus and Smoked Salmon Salad
Pecans and smoked salmon are wonderful mixed together with a delicate dressing in this great salad that works on the side or as a main dish
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, broken into pieces
- 2 heads red leaf lettuce, rinsed and torn
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/4 pound smoked salmon, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 T. honey or 1 T. sugar
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Place asparagus in the pot, and cook 5 minutes, just until tender. Drain, and set aside.
Place the pecans in a skillet over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted.
In a large bowl, toss together the asparagus, pecans, red leaf lettuce, peas, and salmon.
In a separate bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Toss with the salad or serve on the side.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Chicken & Asparagus Crepes 4.5/5 (193 Votes)