Sausage and Wild Rice Casserole
- 1 box Uncle Ben’s Long Grain & Wild Rice Original Recipe with Herbs
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup undiluted
- 1 lb. breakfast sausage links cut into bite size pieces (Jesse Jones original is best per Candy) Note from Andrea: If you like spicy, you could do a hot sausage. I have also made it with turkey sausage.
- 1 package of fresh sliced mushrooms sautéed in 3 Tbsp. butter (add liquid to casserole – I also added some garlic as I was cooking this and some dried onion flakes) or if you can find them 1 lg. can B and B sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup slivered or sliced almonds – toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Curry to taste – about 1 T. if doubling recipe
Preheat oven to 350
Prepare rice according to package instructions, cooking for about 15 to 20 minutes. Rice should still be watery. Sauté the sausage until browned. Drain off the grease. Sauté the mushrooms in 3 T. butter.
In casserole dish mix: rice, sausage, soup, mushrooms, almonds, salt, pepper and curry. (I sprayed my casserole dish with Pam.)
Heat through in preheated oven about 30 to 45 min.
Can be made up the day before and then cooked. If cold, bake longer. Serves six.
You'll also love
- Grilled Tuna With Wasabi-Lime Soy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Highbush Cranberry Jelly with Certo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ham and Cheese-Stuffed Pork Chops ... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fennel Braised Pork Chops with an... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Sausage Saute 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Copy-Cat Panera Cream of Chicken... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken And Wild Rice Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)